Thank you to our wonderful clients who allowed us to share some of their gorgeous boudoir photographs! Enjoy this short video (please be patient as it loads):
For those of you who missed the 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, you can watch the full show free via the Victoria’s Secret website.
For those who watched, what did you think?
What do you think? It’s pretty convincing to me!
What?! Who told you this nonsense?
We had a client who did a boudoir session to present her boudoir photographs as a birthday gift to her boyfriend. Needless to say, he absolutely loved them. What she didn’t realize was that this ended up being a gift for herself.
Although he loved his gift, he doesn’t whip out the photographs constantly… but she does. She takes them out from time to time, once or twice a month, to enjoy the pictures and to remind herself of how amazingly sexy and beautiful she is.
So when you’re choosing which photographs to keep, remember to pick some for yourself and not just for your special someone. Sometimes, in the hustle and bustle of life, we women forget that we are awesome. Having these photographs handy will definitely help you remember!
One of our favorite stores Frederick’s of Hollywood is having an amazing sale! We don’t know when this ends so hurry up and get shopping so you can have some lovely boudoir photographs!
Photography is an unregulated industry so there is no such thing as a licensed photographer; therefore, finding a good photographer can be a little daunting. Generally speaking, you get what you pay for although you will find some bad photographers who overcharge and some good photographers who undercharge. Here are some tips on how to find the right photographer for you.
1) Experience – If you ask a photographer if they shoot a particular genre, they will say yes even if they have never done it before. Shooting boudoir is completely different from shooting a wedding or a product or fashion. Each genre has its own nuances and an experienced photographer will know what they are. Look at their body of work and check whether they have ever done the type of photograph you would like to do.
2) Style – One photographer’s style may be totally different from another photographer’s. They may do a very specific style of editing or lighting or even composition. You may not like certain aspects of their photography. Glance through their portfolio and if you don’t completely love their work, don’t hire them.
3) Quality – Again, take a look at their work but this time pay closer attention to the quality and technical aspects of the image. How is the lighting? Are the shadows and highlights to your liking? How is the skin? Is it overly edited to the point where it’s as smooth as plastic? A good photographer will know how to control the light. A good retoucher will know how to clean everything up without losing texture.
4) Trust – This is by far the most important aspect in choosing a photographer. Talk to him/her. Meet with them at the location of your shoot. Make sure you feel comfortable with the person as well as with the place. If the photographer is shooting from their home rather than a studio, that might be a red flag. If they’re giving you a creepy vibe, trust your instincts as that might be a red flag. Trust is everything, particularly with boudoir photography.
Here at Diamonds&Desire Boudoir Photography, we highly recommend you go and do your research. Compare our work with other photographers’ and we’re confident that you’ll come back to us.
We know that your boudoir photographs are pretty intimate photos of yourself so we understand your concern about where they end up.
When we take your photographs, we go back to our computer to back it up. We don’t want to lose all our hard work! After 30+ hours of editing and then showing you all your great photos, we hold onto them for about 30 days. This gives you enough time to think about whether you want to purchase more of your boudoir pictures.
Once that time is done, we delete the photographs. It’s sad to see all those amazing shots go but it’s something we must do as memory space is not infinite.
We do ask all our clients whether they mind us putting some of the photos on our website. Believe it or not, most people are thrilled with showing their photos off. However, if you are not, we definitely do not use them so have the peace of mind that your photos won’t be shared!
Both shooting in studio and on location has its pros and cons. This applies not only to boudoir but to all types of photography.
Take a look at our portfolio… believe it or not, 95% of it was shot inside our studio! We prefer to shoot in studio and so should you. Here are some reasons why:
1) Versatility – A studio will allow us to have multiple looks during one session. I can paint the walls any color, bring in different furniture, and have many different “sets” to work in. Shooting in a house or hotel restricts you to that pre-designed space. During our photo session, you’ll end up with a variety of choices and looks that cannot be achieved outside of a studio.
2) Control – Shooting in a studio allows us to control the lighting situation, no matter the weather or the time of day. We know how to manipulate the light so that it may look like daytime in one shot but nighttime in the next.
3) Space – Our downtown Jacksonville photography studio is 5500 square feet so you can imagine how creative we can be in a space like that! Shooting in a house or a hotel room limits the angle and composition of the shot since one is confined to a tight space. It also makes it more difficult to accommodate our makeup artist, assistant, and lighting equipment without feeling cramped.
For the photographers out there, have you shot in-studio? Which do you prefer and why? If you haven’t tried shooting in a studio, you can rent our photo studio and see the difference.
When you first contact Diamonds&Desire Boudoir Photography, you will most likely speak to me Kelly. I’ll walk you through what the photo shoot will be like and find out a little about you and why you’re doing a boudoir photoshoot.
Next, we’ll set an in-person pre-shoot consultation wherein I’ll go into more details about your personal session, payment is made, papers are signed, and your shoot date is determined. This is the time to tell me your needs and wants, your likes and dislikes, your makeup/hair preference, and your wardrobe choices.
On the day of your shoot, we’ll check out your wardrobe and go over any last minute concerns you may have. But really, this is the time to just relax and have fun. Yes, an on-site professional makeup artist comes with your session; hair is also available for an add-on.
Some studio provide alcohol. We’re not opposed to a glass of wine but we’ve found that tipsy girls don’t follow posing directions well and their drunkenness comes out in their photographs.
We’ll go over your wardrobe. Although there’s no limit to outfit changes, we do like to select outfits that will look good on camera rather than cute in person.
Once you’re dressed in your lingerie, I’ll help you with your poses and Erle, my partner and boyfriend, will help with lighting. Usually, I’ll be shooting but you can opt for Erle to shoot (this would be discussed during the pre-shoot consultation).
You’ll be amazed at how much fun posing in lingerie is! And by the end of the photo shoot, you’ll be exhausted because as fun as modeling is, it is real hard work!! But you’ll definitely feel sexy… and I guarantee that you’ll look sexy too!
We take the photos back to our work station and narrow down to only the best photos. Then, we retouch each individual photograph. This takes us about 2 weeks.
Finally, your photos will be ready and your reaction to your photos is my most favorite part! You will be amazed at how gorgeous you are.
“I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.” ― حافظ
There are so many reason to do a beautiful boudoir photo shoot… here are the top 10 we have found:
10. Getting pampered – How often do you get professional hair and makeup done on yourself, and have a dedicated team whose sole purpose is to make you look gorgeous?
9. You’re celebrating a milestone – You’ve done something that makes you feel great like losing that weight or getting that boob job you’ve always wanted or landing that amazing dream job! You’ve turned 30, or 40, or 50, or 60! You’re getting married! You’ve overcome a struggle and want to remember that accomplishment! Whatever your reason, you should document and celebrate your self!
8. You look perfect TODAY – Don’t wait until you lose that baby weight or until you can afford the right lingerie… time will not wait for you and it’s human nature never to be satisfied with our bodies. That’s why you should celebrate how you look right now because you look great. Years from now, you’ll be able to see just how amazing you look… then do another session to remind yourself again years after that!
7. You’ve never had a professional photograph taken of yourself – Every woman deserves to have a beautiful picture of themselves that just makes them feel great. It’s the best treat you’ll ever give yourself.
6. Shopping – You get to go shopping for your lingerie, accessories, shoes… and you can keep wearing them long after your boudoir shoot.
5. Confidence builder – It may sound silly to prance around in your underwear but there’s just something about the experience that is fun and carefree and will boost your confidence, especially after you see the final photos. If you’ve ever felt down on yourself, a boudoir session will make you feel good about yourself again.
4. It’s a gift – Surprise someone you love with these images. They won’t believe how hot you are! Heck, this makes a perfect gift for yourself too.
3. It’s so fun – Modeling is just fun. I can’t describe it… it’s just something you have to experience for yourself.
2. It’s shocking – Your friends will be jealous, trust me.
1. You are worth it – Don’t make excuses for not doing boudoir photography. It’s totally worth it to be glamorous and confident and the center of attention for a day.
The transformation you’ll go through is a rewarding experience. You’ll discover things about yourself that you never knew.
Find out more from your Jacksonville Boudoir Photographers, Kelly & Erle.
If you think of any others, we’d love to know. What’s YOUR reason for doing boudoir photography?