Here are a few helpful tips to consider before your session:
- Avoid getting a tan immediately before your shoot. Uneven, sunburned, or orange skin from spray tanning is problematic. If you like a tanned look, prepare a month in advance and gradually get to the skin tone you like.
- Wear something loose-fitting when you arrive to your session. Tight clothing, socks, and jeans leave impressions on your skin. A sundress or yoga pants and flip flops are probably best.
- Don’t forget to shave!
- Moisturize your skin and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Bring a lot of outfits to choose from. It doesn’t all have to be lingerie and underwear. A jersey or oversized sweater or even a dress are sexy too. Bring a robe if you have one.
- Colors! Definitely bring something black and something white but bring some bold colors as well.
- Don’t forget the shoes (heels, black and tan and other colors), jewelry (chunky or pearl necklaces, bracelets, etc), and other props and accessories (stockings, hat, necktie, etc.).
- If you’re having your hair/makeup done, come with clean dry hair and a clean fresh face (no day-time SPF moisturizer or makeup of any kind). We also recommend bringing false lashes… your MUA will help you put them on.
- Your hair stylist / makeup artist will always appreciate a gratuity.
- If this is a surprise for someone, bring makeup remover if you need to get rid of any boudoir shoot evidence. 😉
- If you’re getting your nails done, make sure it’s fresh and chip free.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Eat something light before your shoot. Bring a snack to keep your energy up during your shoot.
- We have a music player so if you have a playlist, feel free to bring it.
- Bring your confidence and trust in your photographers.
- Don’t worry about looking silly. You’ll be the only one to see the photos so have fun with it!
Get prepared by reading this post on what to wear to your boudoir session.